Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hurry up and wait







My apologies in the lack of updates.  I've been on overtime at work and trying to polish up Shannon before she goes up for sale.  We are anticipating early December to list the house.  The builder recommended that we list Shannon right about the time that Kane gets drywall.  He's expecting that to be in the next couple weeks.


My dad came up last weekend to help with the insulation prep.  He assisted me with the installation of the ventilation baffles at the soffit.  We are saving money by installing the blown-in attic insulation ourselves.  The baffles keep the insulation from getting into the soffits.  Insulation has been a pain in the rear, actually.  We are way over our budget for the spray foam (which I really want to use).  I think I have a solution, but I need to get an installer to cooperate.


We have rough electrical completed and rough plumbing is almost done.  As you can see, siding has begun and should be done by the end of the week.  The septic tank is onsite and should be installed this week.  The well pump is installed and the gas line was just recently completed.  Everything is moving fast, but it has all been "under the hood" stuff.  Once drywall is up we should be halfway home... literally.  


Dave








No comments:

Post a Comment